Part-time Parking Enforcement Officer
The Township of Denville is currently seeking a qualified individual to serve as Parking Enforcement Officer in the Township’s Police Department. This position shall be part-time and work a maximum of 27 hours per week, which may include Saturdays.
- Minimum of $20.00 per hour.
General Job Duties:
- Ensure compliance with local parking laws and ordinances and issue summonses for violations;
- Provide a visible presence in high traffic areas with daily interaction with business owners and the public;
- Be able to effectively and courteously communicate and maintain a positive public image;
- Work is performed outdoors with long periods of time walking in varying weather conditions;
- Perform other duties as assigned or as required.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess a valid NJ driver’s license with excellent driving record and no criminal history.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check, medical exam and drug test.
- Must be dependable and self-motivating with the ability to work alone.
- Shall be required to wear a uniform and maintain a neat professional appearance and be able to use a two-way radio.
Applications can be downloaded HERE or are available at the Denville Township Administration Office, 1 St. Mary’s Place, Denville, New Jersey 07834. Applications shall be accepted at the Administration Office until 4:00 P.M. on Wednesday, May 4, 2022.
* The Township of Denville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants shall be given full consideration.