Part-time Parking Enforcement Officer
The Township of Denville is currently seeking a qualified individual to serve as Parking Enforcement Officer in the Township’s Police Department. This position shall be part-time and work a maximum of 27 hours per week, which may include Saturdays.
Salary: Minimum of $20.00 per hour.
General Job Duties:
1. Ensure compliance with local parking laws and ordinances and issue summonses for violations;
2. Provide a visible presence in high traffic areas with daily interaction with business owners and the public;
3. Be able to effectively and courteously communicate and maintain a positive public image;
4. Work is performed outdoors with long periods of time walking in varying weather conditions;
5. Perform other duties as assigned or as required.
Minimum Job Requirements:
1. Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Must possess a valid NJ driver’s license with excellent driving record and no criminal history.
3. Must be able to pass a criminal background check, medical exam and drug test.
4. Must be dependable and self-motivating with the ability to work alone.
5. Shall be required to wear a uniform and maintain a neat professional appearance and be able to use a two-way radio.
Applications can be downloaded from the link located on the left side of this page, from http://denvillenj.org/employment_opportunities.php, or at the Denville Township Administration Office, 1 St. Mary’s Place, Denville, New Jersey 07834. Applications will be accepted at the Administration Office until 4:00 P.M. on Friday, June 4, 2021.
The Township of Denville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants shall be given full consideration.