- Chief's Message
- Mission Statement
- Table of Organization
- Patrol Division
- Support Services Division
- Detective Bureau
- Records Bureau
- Community Services Bureau
- Nixle Notification
- Crime Prevention Tips
- Domestic Violence
- Traffic Safety
- Child Passenger Safety
- Junior Police Academy
- School Resource Officer Duda
- School Resource Officer Longo
- Animal Control Officer
- Internal Affairs
- Department History
- Handicapped Placards
- Online Forms
- Firearms Applications
- Megan's Law
- Contact Us
HIRING ANNOUNCEMENT FOR POLICE OFFICER
The Denville Township Police Department is actively seeking qualified energetic male or female applicants for the position of Police Officer in our progressive department. Competitive starting salary, health benefits, training and a college incentive package, along with a great work environment are only a few of the benefits offered by our department
It is the objective of the Denville Township Police Department to hire qualified individuals while promoting equal employment opportunities for all. Employment opportunities will be afforded to those persons meeting Bona Fide Occupational Qualifications without regard to age, race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation or gender. All efforts will be made to create a diverse workforce that reflects the demographics of rapidly expanding community we serve.
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Age not less than 18 years nor more than 35 years at time of appointment. However, age restrictions shall not conflict with the current state and federal law
- Is sound in body and of good health sufficient to satisfy the board of trustees of the police and firemen's retirement system of New Jersey as to the eligibility for membership in the retirement system.
- Must participate in a pass a Physical Agility Test mandated by the Police Training Commission of New Jersey
- A minimum of 60 college credits from an accredited college or university
- Resident of the State of New Jersey
- Possession of a Valid New Jersey Driver's License
The Township of Denville is currently seeking a qualified individual to serve as Parking Enforcement Officer in the Township's Police Department. This position shall be part-time and work a maximum of 27 hours per week, which may include Saturdays
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess a valid NJ Driver's License with excellent driving record and no criminal history.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check, medical exam and drug test.
- Must be dependable and self-motivating with the ability to work alone.
- Shall be required to wear a uniform and maintain a neat proffessional appearance and be able to use a two-way radio.