Hiring Notice: Class III Special Police Officer
The Denville Township Police Department is seeking professional, qualified and energetic applicants for the position of Class III Special Police Officer who possess the department’s core values of honesty, integrity, fairness, compassion, and respect. The Class III Special Police Officer shall conduct School Safety and Security duties within the Denville Township Board of Education's K-8 School District.
- Must be a retired officer who has previously served as a duly qualified, full time law enforcement officer in any municipality, county, agency of this state, bi-state agency, or federal agency who is living in New Jersey,
- Must be retired from your previous agency for no more than three years and have retired in good standing.
- Must be less than 65 years of age for appointment.
- Must successfully pass a psychological exam, medical exam, drug test and background investigation.
- Must be physically capable of performing the functions of the position, determined in accordance with the Police Training Commission
- Must possess a valid New Jersey Driver License.
Starting Salary for the Class III Special Police Officer shall be $30.00 per hour and he/she shall work a schedule up to 40 hours weekly, to be determined upon hiring. The Class III Special Police Officer shall only work when school is in session. Although announcing the position at this time, successful candidate(s) will begin employment at the start of the 2020-2021 school year.
Preference may be given to retired police officers who previously served in a capacity as a School Resource Officer, D.A.R.E Officer or L.E.A.D. Officer.
The Township of Denville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants shall be given full consideration.
Application packages may be hand delivered or mailed to Denville Township Police Department, 1 Saint Mary’s Place, Denville, NJ 07834. No application will be accepted after 11:59 p.m. on Friday, June 19, 2020.
For questions concerning this position, you may contact Capt. Jeff Tucker at firstname.lastname@example.org or 973-627-4900 ext. 334.