HIRING ANNOUNCEMENT - POLICE OFFICER
(Application Period Has Ended)
The Denville Township Police Department is actively seeking professional, qualified and energetic applicants for the position of Police Officer who possess the department’s Core Values of honesty, integrity, fairness, compassion, and respect.
- The applicant must possess a Police Training Certificate issued by the New Jersey Police Training Commission (full-time regular police officer or a waiver eligible Class II Special Law Enforcement Officer) or be currently enrolled in a State of New Jersey Police Academy as an alternate route certification candidate, or have successfully graduated from a New Jersey Police Academy Alternate Route Training program.
- Applicant must not be less than 18 years old nor more than 35 years of age at time of appointment (however, age restrictions shall not conflict with the current state and federal law).
- Applicants must be of sound body, good moral character, and in good health sufficient to satisfy the board of trustees of the Police and Firemen’s Retirement System (PFRS) of New Jersey as to the eligibility for membership in the retirement system.
- Applicant must successfully complete a Physical Agility Test at a date to be determined.
- Candidate must possess a minimum of 60 college credits from an accredited college or university, with preference provided to applicants who have B.A./B.S. degree. (Military Service can NOT be substituted for college credits)
- Applicant must be a citizen of the United States and a legal resident of the State of New Jersey
- Applicant must possess a valid New Jersey Driver License.
- Applicant must not have been convicted of a crime.
Police Officers in Denville are entitled to a competitive starting salary of $45,675, health benefits, and enrollment into the PFRS, as well as an array of other benefits, including a tuition reimbursement program aimed at the professional development of our employees. These benefits are in addition to working for one of the most progressive law enforcement departments in the State of New Jersey.
The Township of Denville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants shall be given full consideration.
Applicants must complete the Police Officer Initial Application that can be found on the PoliceApps website at www.policeapp.com no later than 11:59 pm on Monday, October 12, 2020. There is a $25.00 non-refundable fee to complete the application process on-line.