- Applicant must not be less than 18 years old nor more than 35 years old at time of appointment (age restrictions shall not conflict with current state and federal law).
- Applicants must be of sound body, good moral character, and in good health sufficient to satisfy the board of trustees of the Police and Firemen’s Retirement System (PFRS) of New Jersey as to the eligibility for membership in the retirement system.
- Candidates must possess a minimum of 60 college credits from an accredited college or university, with preference provided to applicants who have B.A./B.S. degree at time of appointment (military service cannot be substituted for college credits).
- Applicant must be a citizen of the United States and a legal resident of the State of New Jersey.
- Applicant must possess a valid New Jersey Driver License.
- Applicant must not have been convicted of a crime.
Police Officers in Denville are entitled to a competitive starting salary of $45,675, health benefits, and enrollment into the PFRS, as well as an array of other benefits including a tuition reimbursement program aimed at the professional development of our employees. These benefits are in addition to working for one of the most progressive law enforcement departments in the State of New Jersey.
The hiring process will include a physical agility test, a written examination (waived for current PTC certified applicants), various interview panels and a thorough background investigation. Interested applicants need to complete the online application by visiting the PoliceApp website. Additional information regarding testing dates and requirements is available on PoliceApp. All applications must be submitted no later than September 27, 2019.
** The Township of Denville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants shall be given full consideration.